Blogger's Guilt

If you're a blogger (as I am), and you are inconsistent at producing content (as I am), as well as a procrastinator (who, me?!?), it is likely you often go through "blogger's guilt."

My inner monologue goes a bit like this:

Oh man, I haven't blogged in awhile. I really should write something.

Ehh, it hasn't been THAT long; I don't have to feel too guilty just yet. I'll really think about it though.

Okay, it's been over a month. No one will read my blog if I don't update more frequently. What should I write about? I don't have anything to talk about.

Okay, wait, I have an idea. I'll start a post. Wait, I'm tired/I have to shower/I have to get back to work; I'll finish later.

Oh wait, I have another idea. I'll start a post. Wait, my room is dirty/Futurama is on/I have to put on pants; I'll finish later.

Now I have 6 posts in draft in various stages of completion. Some have 3 paragraphs, some have 2 sentences, some have just a title. Still looks like I haven't posted in 2 months.

I'll write a post about how I haven't posted. That'll be interesting to people!

I promise to get my butt in gear and tell more hilarious/embarrassing/depressing stories about the single life soon.

I really like using slashes.

Comments

  1. I hope you are going to post also about on Online Dating sites. How safe they are to use. And some information on it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I joined OkCupid, and I already love it

Nick the Nice Guy: Part 1, or When Do You Know You're Not Interested?